Thursday 4 June 2009

Junior is doing a project called...

.."Keeping Ourselves Safe" at the moment. I guess it's deliberately included in the school curriculum for this time of year to coincide with the seven weeks holiday that is fast approaching. Kids are most vulnerable during this time so the programme covers everything from not playing on building sites/near water to stranger danger.
Last night we were discussing what he would do if he got lost in a shopping centre. It's a serious issue, I know but I couldn't help but think about this brilliant quote by American comedian Rodney Dangerfield
"Once when I was lost, I saw a policeman and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him, 'Do you think we'll ever find them?" He said, "I don't know kid...there are so many places they can hide"'

No comments:

Post a Comment